Thursday, March 15, 2012

How to Hem Jeans and Keep the Original Hem!

Have you ever come across some super cute jeans that fit you perfectly and you can just imagine yourself being completely awesome in them...except for one thing...they are too long!! So you put them down and walk away. Ugh, I don't know about you but I'm kind of short (5'2" on a good day), and I have lost count how many times I've had to just walk away from the perfect jeans that were too long, even jeans that say "short" on them end up being slightly too long and I end up stepping on them. Well no more will I have to walk away from too long jeans! ( I must be the last person on Earth that hasn't come across this sooner) But I Googled for an answer and Google threw a billion answers back, I looked at some pictures and then ran to my sewing machine with jeans in hand went at it! Ok well there was a few steps involved, here they are!


Try on your jeans and fold them up to where you want your length to be, remember to be wearing the type of shoes you wear the most when trying to find the perfect length for your jeans.
 
Now take your jeans off and measure how much you folded them up

Now divide the measurement in half and unfold the the pant leg and fold it to your new measurement and pin. Repeat for the other leg.

Sew right along the existing hem, not on the hem. Remember to align your side hems so that they match!

Take the pins out and fold it down so it looks normal and iron the hems flat! TADA!! Perfect fit jeans that are not too long!


No comments:

Post a Comment