Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Crayon Roll How To

So I know that there are a million and one tutorials on how to make a simple crayon roll but I will show you the way I did it, I hope I make sense :)

Materials Needed:
  •  2 (two) 5.5 X 5 inch pieces of your main fabric
  • 1 (one) 5.5 X 5 inch piece of a coordinating fabric
  • a button or whatever you want to use as a closure
  • sewing machine
  •  
 
first I cut two 5.5 X 5 inch pieces of my main fabric that I wanted to use

then I cut a 5.5 X 5 inch piece of coordinating fabric and I ironed them all nice and flat


I folded one of my main fabric pieces lengthwise and it ironed flat. Then I left myself a quarter inch seam allowance and then marked in one inch intervals where I wanted my pockets to be

then sew along your lines

now turn your fabrics facing the right way (I forgot this a couple times and had to rip it apart) and sew them together all along where you already sewed


if you want to attach a button do it now on your main fabric piece. Then put the two fabrics facing each other and sew along the edges, make sure to leave a good 3 inch opening on one side so you can pull your fabric through the hole


after you pull your fabric through attach the rubber band or ribbon or whatever you are using as a closur and sew the hole closed securing the rubber band in. Now iron it all flat and stick some crayons in there and you have yourself a crayon roll!


I was on a roll and made a few crayon rolls :)


No comments:

Post a Comment