I know I have done a tutorial on how to make your own banner before on here. This time I used a different method.
- 1 white curtain (or light colored or see through-ish fabric)
- 1 container of black acrylic craft paint (or whatever color you want)
- 1 small brush
- Microsoft Publisher (or something that allows you to print large letters and make a poster)
- printed out design (poster)
- cardboard the size of poster (I used two foam boards from the dollar store)
- paper cutter or scissors
- Decide on the font and size of your words and print them out as a large poster (whatever size you are wanting)
- Cut the papers so that there is no gap between the pages (so it looks like a poster when put together with no seems)
- tape them together to make your poster
- now tape the poster to the cardboard
- now lay down your curtain over your cardboard and letters where you want them to be
- iron the area you are going to use
- now you are ready to trace the letters with your pen! go slow and steady!
- done tracing? good, now you are ready to bust out the paint!
- I outlined my whole design first and then went back once it was dry and filled it in.
- and bam just let it dry over night....or use a blow drier if you are impatient like me and there you have it a custom banner!!
I have 3 indoor cats...they tried to help A LOT. I would suggest to do this project in a separate room from small children or pets. They might try to help out during the paining part and get paint all over your project ;)