Saturday, July 10, 2010

Bookshelf/Jewelry Holder Make-Over

I wanted to paint this small bookshelf and and nick nack shelf I had gotten from my mother-in-law to match the bedroom, which is all white (our house is from like the 60's or something so we have bright green carpet and icky faux wood panelling). But I didn't want it all to feel stark and hospital-y so i kinda distressed the wood a bit idk I kinda like it.
The nick-nack shelf was really cute but I didn't know what to use it for really until I came up with the perfect use for it...a jewelry holder. It was perfect, the wire meshy stuff on the door could hold the dangly earing I used often and behind the door I could put all of my bracelets and my rings(on an awesome sterling silver swan ring holder) and in the little drawers I could put all of my other earings and on the shelves i could put some of my cute pins. And on top of it you can kinda see my mirror creation on top (so I can put my earings in safely!), I had this two small mirrors and didn't know where to put them really so I put two hinges on the back so that they could stay open in a V shape and voila! a perfect mirror thing to go above my jewelry holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment