Thursday, July 26, 2012

Oatmeal Raisin "Larabars"



While looking through blogs for dairy free/egg free recipes I came upon Chocolate Ccovered Katie, she does a lot of vegan desert recipes, which I've been dying to find good recipes of!! And while looking through her site I found a recipe for her version of oatmeal raisin "Larabars" so of course I had to make them (not to mention I was out of my normal energy bars and I was too lazy to drive to the store to buy some). I didn't have everything that I needed but that was OK because I just switched it out for something similar and you know what It was yummy! Don't be afraid to experiment with flavors, I know I am definitely going to be experimenting with different flavors!

Oatmeal Raisin "Larabars"
  • 1/2 cup raisins
  • 6 tablespoons quick oats
  • 1/2 cup walnuts (I used pecans)
  • 1/8 teaspoon plus 1/16 teaspoon salt (I omitted the salt)
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon honey/agave syrup (optional, I added this to make it sweeter)


Pulverize the oats in a food processor, then I measured and mixed the honey, vanilla, raisins, and nuts into my bowl and spooned it into the processor. After it was all well mixed and sticky I spooned it into my measuring cup to make a cylindrical shape (you can just form them into balls or any shape you want!) and I smash it in tight in my measuring cup.


 

Then I push up on my measuring cup and with a knife I cut my cylinder into little pucks the thickness I wanted.




This recipe makes about 3 bars/rounds. The bars last at least two weeks in the fridge, and they can also be frozen.

No comments:

Post a Comment